version 5.0.0 (23161.0427) for iOS
Changes to existing features
- Prevent private chatting with channel members outside of Zoom account or organization
Users will no longer be able to privately chat with other members of the same channel if they are not on the same Zoom account or organization. To continue chatting with contacts outside of their Zoom account, they can add them as external contacts.
- Re-enable clickable links in meeting chat
Users will be able to send clickable links through the in-meeting chat. The link must include http or https to be clickable.
- Copied URL will not include password if the web setting Embed password in meeting link for one-click join is disabled
If the host has the web setting Embed password in meeting link for one-click join disabled in the Zoom web portal, the Zoom client will no longer include the password in the URL when inviting new participants.
- Enable the setting Blur snapshot on iOS task switcher
This setting blurs the preview screen in the iOS task switcher when multiple apps are open, to hide potentially sensitive information.
New and enhanced features
- AES 256-bit GCM encryption
Zoom is upgrading to the AES 256-bit GCM encryption standard, which offers increased protection of your meeting data in transit and resistance against tampering. This provides confidentiality and integrity assurances on your Zoom Meeting, Zoom Video Webinar, and Zoom Phone data. This version of the Zoom client will support GCM encryption when it is automatically enabled for all accounts on May 30.
- Meeting features
- Report a user during a meeting
The meeting host can now report a user during a meeting by clicking on the Security icon, then Report. This feature will generate a report which will be sent to the Zoom Trust and Safety team to evaluate any misuse of the platform and block a user if necessary.
- Enhancements to meeting end/leave flow
The host will now be required to assign a new host when leaving the meeting. Additionally, the pop-up message asking if the host would like to leave or end the meeting will now be displayed by the Leave button.
- Show the connected data centerUsers can see which data center they are connected to by clicking on by clicking on the info icon at the top left of the client window.
- Select data center regions when scheduling a meeting
Users can now select which data center regions they would like their in meeting traffic to use when scheduling a meeting.
- Report a user during a meeting
- Chat features
- Indication of an external userUsers will have the label “External” next to their name if they are not part of your Zoom account. This label will be displayed in one on one messages. This label will also be displayed in the user’s profile details when you hover over their profile picture and in the channel members list.
- Phone features
- Enhanced encryptionZoom supports secure voice calls across all supported SIP devices, desktop, and mobile clients. Zoom Phone supports standards-based encryption using SIP over TLS 1.2 Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit algorithm for calls and during phone provisioning sessions. In addition, call media is transported and protected by SRTP with AES-256 bit algorithm for Zoom desktop and mobile clients, and with AES-128 bit algorithm for devices.
- Minor bug fixes