version 5.5.0 (1282) for Android
Changes to existing features
- Relocated and enhanced attendee view controls for webinars
The options to push particular video layouts to webinar attendees has been moved from the Participants list to the View Options button, located in the top-right corner of the main video window. The layout options Follow Host’s View, Speaker, Gallery, and Standard (shared content with video thumbnails) now include Side-by-side: Speaker, and Side-by-Side: Gallery while sharing content. Custom Gallery view orders are now supported as well. Webinar attendees can no longer control their view of the webinar, giving the host and co-host(s) exclusive control.
- Persistent non-verbal feedback
Non-verbal feedback, which is now included in meeting reactions, will return to the previous behavior, in which they are persistent until the attendee or host removes them. This includes the Yes, No, Slower, and Faster options.
- Enhancement to alternative host feature
If the original host joins after the alternative host, the original host will always regain control of the meeting and become host. In addition, the alternative host will change roles. If the co-host feature is enabled for the meeting, the alternative host will become a co-host. If the co-host feature is disabled, the alternative host becomes a normal participant.
New and enhanced features
- Zoom Room controls on Zoom mobile app
When a meeting is started on the mobile app and then passed to the Zoom Room they are in, the mobile app will provide Zoom Room controls, such as mute/unmute audio, volume control, start/stop video, and end meeting. Zoom Room meeting controls will still present on the controller and will sync with changes initiated on the mobile app.
- Enhanced support for Android 11
Improvements to better support Android 11.General featuresBlock or allow only participants from specific countries/regions
- When scheduling meetings, the option “Approve or deny entry to users from certain regions and countries” will be available under Advanced Options. Host can either allow only participants from specific counties/regions to join, or block all participants from specific counties/regions.
- Security enhancements
- Minor bug fixes